Who doesn’t want to walk into a relaxing bedroom every evening? Afterall, the more calm you feel before bed, the better you sleep.
We could all use a little less stress when when hit the sheets, which is why I’m sharing some of the best blue & white bedroom decor ideas to help!
Ever wondered why a nice blue hue can instantly make you feel more calm? As it turns out, the soothing tones that are found in nature naturally make us feel more peaceful.
The right shade can help relax your mind, slow your heart rate, and even reduce feelings of anxiety.
The past few years I’ve used a blue and white color palette in my bedroom and I’ll never go back.
The mix of calming hues are both beautiful and tranquil – and you can use these simple tips to try out the look in your bedroom!
How To Pick The Right Shade Of Blue For Your Room
Picking the right shade of blue for your bedroom isn’t a perfect science, but here are a few tips for choosing your perfect hue!
- For a calming effect, look for a soft and neutral shade. The more similar to what you’d see in nature, the better!
- Avoid bright, or vibrant blue hues that can feel more stimulating than relaxing.
- If it lacks natural light, using light shades of blue can make a small bedroom feel bigger and more open.
- Alternatively if you’ve got too much light streaming in during sleeping hours, darker shades like navy can help keep things calm.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different shades of blue, and create a beautiful monochromatic look.
Blue & White Bedding Ideas
The best way to decorate your bed in a blue and white style depends on the size of your bedroom, and your bed frame.
In smaller rooms, white bedding with blue accents make a nice statement. Neutral colored bedding can make a room feel bigger, and a clean white color is a prefered choice in luxury hotel decor because it says “relax here”!
Then you can adding your blue in with throw pillows and a blanket at the foot of the bed. This calming arrangement will keep a small bedroom from feeling too busy.
In a bigger room, you can get away with pretty blue and white patterns or relaxing and moody dark blue hues. Just keep in mind picking a rest full shade, and simple patterns to keep cozy!
Curtain Ideas For A Blue & White Bedroom
When it comes to window treatments in the bedroom, make sure you have what you need to get a good night’s sleep!
I’m a big fan of blackout curtains to keep the room dark and I love my velvet curtains with light blocking panels.
Alternatively if you don’t have a lot of natural light in your room, get a more open airy feel with a classic white set of curtains.
Overall I lean towards solid colors for curtains in a restful bedroom, because your window coverings take up a lot of visual space. If a pattern is too busy it can make the room feel hectic.
Solid colored curtains with embellishments on the edges (like a border or tassels) are a fun way to add some texture to your window coverings, while keeping things serene.
Blue And White Bedroom Decor Ideas
My favorite part of decorating is adding the little final touches that pull a room together!
You can add pretty layers throughout your blue and white bedroom with decorative objects. Here are a few of the best ways to incorporate these colors.
- Artwork– landscape art and abstract art with blue and white colors are perfect for restful bedrooms
- Lighting – a pretty white lampshade with blue trim can make an elegant statement.
- Books – Some of the prettiest decorating books have blue covers for a reason!
- Blue & White Pottery– Blue and white pottery has been beloved for centuries, to hold everything from florals to jewelry. Decorating with Ginger Jars never goes out of style.
I hope you enjoyed these simple blue and white bedroom decorating tips that will help you relax in your bedroom.
Using your favorite blue hue will make you rest better and the tried and true color palette will look beautiful for years to come.
I’ve really loved sharing some of these ideas that I used to decorate my own bedroom, and since we are about to buy our first home, I can’t wait to try even more of these ideas in our next place!
What is your favorite shade of blue? Let me know in the comments below!
And if you’re looking for more ideas for giving your bedroom a makeover, be sure to check out a few of my favorite ideas: